Friday, December 17, 2010

Shirt Commission and Imortal Drawing Contest~

I accepted my first ever acrylic on shirt commission from Nina, a colleague of mine. She's on the look for a perfect gift for her sister who will be married. At first she wanted to have their names printed on shirts to be worn on her sister's honeymoon vacation trip to Caramoan, but a hand painted gift will be more meaningful and unique.
<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>    <SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>
I was asked to paint on four shirts. I originally sketched different designs but I had problem with the fabric, the four are of different types and the amount of paints absorbed were so inconsistent. I had to change the layouts and made them more simple.
<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>
<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>
It was a rush project that I did for one day only. I didn't even have the time to buy a varnish spray for the paints to stay intact on the textile for a very long time. Good thing my client was fine with that.
<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>  <SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>
<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>  <SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>
Nina said her sister got surprised when she gave her the shirt. I'm so happy I felt like I did a job well done. It was so fulfilling to see your work being worn by other people. To Ate Norleen and Kuya Norley, best wishes! I know your love for each other will last forever.
74536_1444722528897_1558160662_31020727_2410354_n74536_1444722568898_1558160662_31020728_7733596_n     
Here's another one that I did on a jacket. Pic courtesy of my dear friend Emostar Santita.
149092_456366752700_702837700_5570223_3190674_n
After the shirt commission, I entered a drawing contest. It was from the television show "Imortal" which story revolves around the love between a Werewolf and a Vampire. Here are my entries.
Imortal
The Vindicator
9”x 12”
Graphite on Paper

I passed this first to serve as a trial if my work will really be received by the contest organizers. The idea is my view on what the offspring of a Werewolf and a Vampire will look like. I'm definite he can seriously kick a$$!

<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>
The Vindication
12”x16”
Acrylic on Canvas

My main entry. Shows how love can persevere and be the key to a new beginning. Unfortunately I'm not sure if they received this one for it never appeared on their website. I'm sad I put many of my time in perfecting this piece, I don't know if anyone even saw my work. =(
I even used a bit of my blood to color it.

I became more inclined to arts this past few weeks, I've been visiting art sites more often. It's so delighting and surprising to see that I have so many kababayans who are exceptionally good in this field. I'm envious of some for having all of their time dedicated only to arts, they can practice and improve their talents easily. Most are full time artists and their works are just incredible. I hope I will be good like them.
<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>
A preview of what I am working on right now. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment