Sunday, November 7, 2010

Liberty of the Charms~


Liberty of the Charms
Originally uploaded by A Broken Flame
Here is my very first 100% finished painting. I'm still happy regardless of it being so-so. I always take pride on my every firsts -Lolz. Did this piece within 4 days, dang I can only paint after work. I wish I have more free time to do stuff that I want. I want a straightforward one for my first piece. Simple theme, subject and color. Now I already want a slice of complication, depth in meaning, more layers of colors in my coming works.

Acrylic on Canvas
12" x 12"


Since I don't have any background with painting at all, I needed
to rely on the internet for those how to's in acrylic painting. I'm
thankful that information is just on our fingertips nowadays.
Still, I wish I took up Fine arts in college. I must have lots of good artist friends
already by now if I had taken that course.

After days of researching, I got to know many stuff! Like what
gesso means, what makes a canvas primed and even how to
stretch a watercolor paper. Man! who would have thought
watercolor papers need to be soaked for best performance! 
Still, I'm leaving the learning of coloring to myself. I wanted
those techniques to be discovered by the painter within me.
woo hohoho-!

It's been so long since I last was able to give time to art, and it
is so refreshing to have a finished piece. I know my art
still has a massive room for improvement. Too many to learn,
too many to improve. I need to coup up with those many years
wasted. I 'm currently working for 8 hours, sleeping for the rest
of the day and 0 free time at all!! I hate my current routine. I
wish I can just give my whole day to drawing. Sadly I can't, I
need my job, and I'll be dead if I wont sleep. Literally dead. Geez
I'm just sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment